The screen keeps showing Connecting
The screen keeps showing on "Connecting..."
First thing to try
This can be a very simple refreshing issue. If true then it can be solved by:
- Try to press F5 to refresh the page.
- Try to press CTRL and F5 together to force a refresh and clean cache.
If the refresh did not work then it is likely to assume a interface hosting problem. If this is true then the terminal view* will show a line in yellow or red telling about hosting issues.
The terminal is only shown on the Windows operation system, on OSX and Linux a file is created and stored into ....
Second thing to try
Before we get started on solving this its very good to know the Haasbot requires 2 hosting ports. By default port 8090 is used for hosting the HTML interface and port 8092 is used for hosting a websocket to make the interface interactive.
We can already confirm port 8090 is working if you see the interface saying "Connecting..." so this hosting issue is very likely to be happening to port 8092. The place where we host the websocket of the Haasbot.
To solve this we need to do some more technical things. It will look a bit complex, but you will see its really easy.
- Please to to the "my documents" folder ("libaries" folder at Linux and OSX)
- You will see a folder called "HTS", please open this one
- Next you will see a folder called "Settings", we need to open this one as well.
- If all goes well then you can see a file called "MainSettings.XML" listed.
- Open "MainSettings.XML" with a text editor like Notepad or Write.
- In the file there is a row saying "HubPort" and it will list number 8092.
- Please change the 8092 into 8088 and save the file again.
- Start the Haasbot and now it should be able to connect properly now.
On OSX and Linux it might be possible this solution is not working. Please contact the support desk in case this applies to you.